Monday, March 24, 2008

Well. Here we go!

Okay, not quite. But I figured I'd better do an update, given that I'm planning to refer folks here for an easy way to keep up-to-date on how the wait is going. :)

Let's see, last I posted, we were waiting for our pre-adoption class. Took that, and it was really very interesting and informative. Our homestudy went well, and we were all approved around Thanksgiving. We figured we were in for a lengthy wait - 6 to 8 months - before our referral came. Turns out, though, that things moved quickly... We got the referral for our second son on January 16. He sounds like a lovely little boy, and we cannot wait to meet him! Of course, this threw our planning off a little, and we've been pretty busy getting everything into order.

We're down to the last couple of steps - and they're all on the Korean side at this point. All our paperwork is at the Korean agency (as far as I know, and from what I've been told) and is ready to be returned to the American Embassy so that a visa interview can be scheduled. I don't believe it's a real "interview" - more of a scheduled time to have the paperwork completed and visa issued. After that - we just wait for our travel call! I'm really hoping to have more news this week, and perhaps travel next week. Ack!

Anyway, I thought the blog would be a nice place to write updates, and an easy way for folks to check in on our progress. Hope to post photos, even!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home